On Dying In A Mass Shooting by Joanne Olivieri




On Dying In A Mass Shooting 


Bloody Chaos


The door swings open

rapid fire storm ensues

my body hurls to the ground

chaotic screams

deadly thunder pops

permeate bitter air pockets

and I lie still.


My friends, classmates

scattered around me

breathing dust, residue

a warm sea of blood

mingles with others

saturating wooden floors

and I lie still.


I am slipping away

soaked in death

blood tears escape my eyes

and I cannot see

fear embodies my being

I cannot move

and I lie still.


Mom and Dad, I love you

my friends by my side, I love you

don't let me die in vain

resist the hate, the fear

do it for me, do it for us

the chaos stops

and I lie still.


All I ask is why, 

please tell me why

why, why?

And I lie still

forever.


Website: Joanne Olivieri Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hollywood and Highland Center

Thursday Two Questions Meme